CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The season's over...

I sit here at the computer wearing my team sweatshirt with the big orange "c" outlined in white and navy mourning the end of the football season for my Chicago Bears. Ah, there were highlights - Hester being the brightest - but there were many other disappointments - Grossman being the biggest.

So, we find ourselves looking at the empty playoffs and reflect on how different this year is from last at this time. The phrase "there's always next year" has never rung so true for our previously Super Bowl Bears.

So, Lovie, I hope we can get the kinks worked out, tighten up the defense and improve the offensive line, find a quarterback worth anything near the amount of money we throw at him, and look forward to a Super Bowl run next year.

Until we see you again in Bourbonnais...

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Wow.. you said it Amanda from super bowl contender last season to an early off-season this year. The one bright spot is that you have a Purdue quarterback on your roster, even though it is Kyle Orton. Good luck next year and oh yeah.... GO COLTS!!

Meghan said...

Amanda,
(That other comment was from Eric by the way)...

Ironically, Eric and I sit here on the couch enjoying our beloved Colts (Superbowl Champs '07 in case you forgot)... calmly controlling the Titans while relaxing their star players and exercising the bench.

You know I'd never want to make you feel worse about anything... but perhaps now would be a good time to consider a relocation to the land of corn and soybeans...

AMANDA said...

Eric and Meg: I can honestly say that if the Bears can't be in the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl, I hope the Colts can go to the big show and beat the Pats! And, may I remind you, that we beat the Packers BOTH times we played them this season and that will be enough for this year...but wait until next season!

Carrie said...

Hey Amanda! Welcome to the blogging world!

Weinberg Family said...

Hey Amanda,

How are you? I haven't talked to you in forever. I am glad to see that you have started a blog. I like your little speech on the Bears..what happened!! Paul and I were at the game this past Sunday...at least they ended well. Well check out my blog when you have a chance

AMANDA said...

Hi Marcy!! I check out your blog regularly, too. The kids are so cute - how did the Christmas production go?

Anonymous said...

hey amanda....
did i tell you i was the football pickem winner AGAIN this year? Wooohoo! It's my football knowledge coming through again (cough cough)...and the expert picks info doesn't help me AT ALL. Not a bit. :)
Go BEARS. Next year! Is Orton really the one for us?
MP