So, I have these two wacky friends who go to Zoomba at the Y. Know what I am talking about? Far as I can tell, it is a latin dance-aerobic-workout-shake-your-groove-thang-kind-of-class. It involves coordination (which I think I have), rhythm (which I feel I have), and an ability to pick up the steps quickly (which I wonder if I have).
A few days ago, one of these wacky friends showed me a particular move that she was having difficulty with - a combination step, walk-like-an-egyptian move, that involved hip swinging and stepping all at the same time. Never to back down from a challenge (unless it is involves spiders), I demonstrated how EASY this step was and commented on how she could possibly be having difficulty with this step! Forget ordinary Zoomba - bring on the ADVANCED Zoomba!
While displaying my remarkable talent, I made a more deliberate step / hip move to the left and heard something pop. Huh. That was weird. And then came the pain. It was a sore, pulsing kind of pain, but nothing a tough girl with a "bring on the zoomba attitude" like me can't manage. Right.
As the day wore on, it hurt to put pressure on that side of my body and I became increasingly aware that I was limping. Ouch. A few pain pills later, and I was feeling temporarily fine! The soreness remained for a few days, but then I felt pretty good - until that same tormenting friend invited me to do the Cha Cha Slide with a group of kindergarteners. When will I learn?
But I will confirm that I do have coordination, rhythm, and an ability to catch on to steps quickly! Must have been all those Children's/Youth Musicals!
Hope you are having a great day! Leave a note if you've got the time - what do you think of the new look?
Friday, April 4, 2008
You Ever Hear of Zoomba?
Posted by AMANDA at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go!!! :)
Love the new layout- it is soooo totally you!
Totally envious! We are so behind-- Bart is my crutch when it comes to posting... he has been gone well into the evenings doing therapy on his neck and back. Sorry I missed getting to see you in March!
Post a Comment