CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Where else can you wear crazy hair and fit right in?

I'm back! And upon my return, I discovered the reason I hesitated to join the blog world all together...BLOG HARRASSMENT! So, I know it's been a long time (C & M), but here's an update on all things me.

Work is crazy as usual. Last week was Spirit Week and we spent each day participating in a different theme - School Logowear, Backwards/Clash Day, Sports Day, Pajama Day (a favorite of mine and student's alike), and Crazy Hair day. I have included a picture below. Sorry for looking cross-eyed. You can't see it, but the hair starts as pigtails, moves into one pony tail, and ends in pigtails. 18 rubberbands, a pencil to keep it vertical, and a headache to end all headaches - and my hair was a success! It's for the kids, right?

What else is going on...

I am assistant directing the play at school. Anyone know the show "Our Town"? I saw it as a student in high school and I thought it was pretty heavy then. Imagine trying to explain to 10-14 year olds the meaning of a play that is summarized best as being about: Birth. Love. Living. Dying. But the kids are doing a great job - and the lead role is really doing well with monologues sprinkled throughout the entire show. The show is March 14-15 - send up a prayer if you think about it.

This weekend is the Spring Gala fundraiser for school. "I" am a live auction item. Better said, my offer of documenting "A Day In The Life of an SAA Student" on video/picture montage is a live auction item. Should be fun! The parents who are organizing the event seem to think it will be a big seller (hence, live vs. silent auction) so here's hoping I don't stand there and go for like 20 bucks. Time to get dressed up and be elegant for an evening - I'll try and take some pics to post. Mom, Dad, my sister Kim, and Kim's boyfriend Lane will also be joining me at the event.

Tonight I get to go to dinner with my long lost college roommate, Melissa. Although, by hers and the other roomies estimation, it is I who is the long lost roommate. Life is busy - believe me, I would rather be visiting with them regularly! Them and their beebles (see earlier post for pics of the most adorable babies ever!). I wish Jen was able to join us (as I wish Steph and Em could, too) but it seems she is unable and she will be missed. But remember, this time it isn't my fault! :-)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

If you're gonna dish out Blog Harassment, you'd better be willing to take some in return! :)
I was going to update my blog tonight with video that I took from New Mexico this past weekend, but I'm having issues getting it from the DVD to the computer... Hopefully I can figure it out because I didn't take any pictures!

Bart Saunders said...

I actually LOVED the new look! I'm not sure the rest of us could pull it off though!

I'm counting on you to come to Meg's shower... we are going to celebrate Shara's B-DAY that night too! I don't know if anyone has ideas... I have this strange urge to ride the train into Chicago and walk around and eat at neat Pub or something. Any idea what Shara would actually like?! Call me or blog me: )